Written by Christopher Durang and starring alongside Sigourney Weaver, David Hyde Pierce, Billy Magnussen, Shalita Grant, Liesel Allen Yeager, Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike plays at the Golden Theatre in NYC (252 West 45th Street, between Broadway & 8th Avenue). Click here for tickets and follow the show on Facebook, Twitter, and at http://www.vanyasoniamashaspike.com!
1. Who or what inspired you to become a performer? Marlon Brando. I fell in love with him in MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY. I created a dream house with him and his children and almost got kicked out of junior high because he was so scandalous.
2. Who haven't you worked with that you would like to? Peter Sellers (the actor). I don't think that will happen.
3. What initially made you want to audition for Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike? Luckily, I didn't have to audition because Chris Durang and Nicky Martin (the director) and I have worked together many times.
4. What has been the best part about working with this cast? The laughs and the generosity.
6. What is your favorite moment in the show? Putting on sequins and a tiara.
7. What does it mean to you to be nominated for a Tony Award? I'm so happy and so honored.
8. What have you learned about yourself from being an actress? To quote the actor, Robert Prosky: "It has been said that an actor must have the hide of a rhinoceros, the courage and audacity of a lion, and most importantly, the fragile vulnerability of an egg." I think that's very true.
9. What's the best advice you've ever received? Do the role. Wherever it takes you.
10. If you could have any super power, which one would you choose? To be a healer and cure cancer.
Kristine's theatrical credits include Lincoln Center Theatre's Ubu and Christopher Durang's Why Torture Is Wrong, and the People Who Love Them (Drama League, Outer Critics Circle noms.); Miss Witherspoon; Betty’s Summer Vacation (Obie, Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle noms.); and Mrs. Bob Cratchit’s Wild Christmas Binge. On Broadway Kristine has lit up the stage in Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson, To Be or Not to Be, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Spring Awakening, A Streetcar Named Desire, The Green Bird, Jackie, and The Iceman Cometh. Kristine's Off-Broadway credits include Crazy Mary, Our Leading Lady, and Dog Opera (Obie Award). Regional audience have been seduced by Kristine in numerous productions at the Old Globe, Williamstown Theatre Festival, Guthrie, Huntington Theatre, Long Wharf, McCarter, Alley Theatre, Edinburgh International Festival, La Jolla Playhouse. Film audiences have seen Kristine in Morning Glory, That’s What She Said, The Savages, Adelaide, and Small Time Crooks. On television, Kristine has been in Political Animals, Smash, Law & Order, Law & Order: CI, and Third Watch. Kristine holds an M.F.A. from Yale School of Drama; B.S., Northwestern.